Breast Cancer Awareness Month is celebrated every October. Lenis proudly supports the noble quest of raising awareness for this most common cancer globally, accounting for more than 25% of cancers in women in 2020.
Treatment for breast cancer can be highly effective, especially when the disease is identified early. Therefore, we call for all women to conduct regular monthly breast self-exams (Breast test mobile app) and for women in specific demographics to undergo regular screening through organized screening programmes (Breast Cancer Screening Programme in Slovenia DORA).
What can you do?
It is essential to take care of a healthy lifestyle:
- Be physically active every day and maintain your weight.
- Enjoy a healthy and balanced diet high in vegetables and fruits.
- Reduce the consumption of sugar and other processed foods.
- Reduce or stop drinking alcohol.
- Quit smoking.
- Avoid excessive sun exposure.
- Do regular monthly breast self-examination.
- Respond to the invitation to the national screening programmes DORA in Slovenia.